“Hurricane” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· How American Race Relations Shaped Lives of Current, Former Seahawks →
The Ninth Ward was disproportionately devastated by Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
· Tropical Storm Cristobal advances toward Gulf Coast →
Forecasters said it would arrive on U.S. soil late Sunday but was not expected to grow into a hurricane.
· Tommy Robinson released on bail following arrest on suspicion of assault →
Colonel Tom Moore and his daughter Hannah celebrate his 100th birthday, with an RAF flypast provided by a Spitfire and a Hurricane over his home in Marston Moretaine.
The China Post
· Re-energized Tropical Storm Cristobal aims at US Gulf coast →
The U.S. National Hurricane Center said Cristobal’s maximum sustained winds had strengthened to 45 mph (75 kph) by late Friday and it was moving north at 14 mph (22 kph).
The New York Times
· Trump Says Jobs Report Made It a ‘Great Day’ for George Floyd, Stepping on Message →
It would be like a hurricane that “goes away, and within two hours, everyone is rebuilding and fixing and cleaning and cutting their grass.”
· Atlantic hurricane season already record-breaking — and minority communities disproportionately at risk →
In three years of TV news hurricane coverage, major broadcasters failed to mention specific risks to communities of colour
· Map: Track Cristobal as the storm makes its way to the U.S. →
Tropical storm-force winds could arrive in the U.S. as early as Sunday, according to the National Hurricane Center at NOAA.
The New York Times
· Cristobal Threatens Gulf Coast From Louisiana to Florida →
The third named storm of what is predicted to be an intense hurricane season is expected to make landfall on Sunday.
· Cristobal: Tropical storm warning issued for Gulf of Mexico →
After picking up speed on Friday, Cristobal is predicted to make landfall on Sunday or Monday as a strong tropical storm but is not expected to be upgraded to a hurricane.