“Hurt” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· International Report: Q1 2020 →
Greek markets were hurt by the drop-in tourism related to COVID-19 and by threats to its fragile financial system, which was pressured to provide liquidity to Greek banks before the EU announced extensive aid packages that would provide buffers for vulnerable industries such as those in Greece.
· I Miss My Grandchildren →
What I worry about, though, is whether we’re hurting the bond somehow.
· Paatal Lok brings hellfire on OTT platforms; reignites the debate on the regulation of content →
it is hurting Hindu sentiments?
· Only the Animals review – audacious web of love and strangeness →
His wife, Alice, played with poignant emotional hurt by Laure Calamy (known for the Netflix TV comedy Call My Agent), is acquainted with nearby farmer Joseph (Damien Bonnard), a reclusive, difficult man, going through an emotional breakdown following the death of his adored mother.
· Life as an undocumented farmworker: 'we are chess pieces that politicians move around' →
It hurt us a lot, because he was a very good person and no one could visit him.
· How to think about polarization on Facebook →
The company gave them a variety of executives to speak with on and off the record, including Joel Kaplan, its vice president of global public policy, who often pops up in stories like this to complain that some action might disproportionately hurt conservatives.
· Singapore Exchange's growth ambitions undermined by MSCI's HK move →
While SGX has said it will launch new access products and drive revenue in other asset classes, analysts caution new competition in its lucrative derivatives segment and weakness in IPO offerings in a pandemic-hit market will hurt its prospects.
The China Post
· Nissan to close Indonesia, Spain auto plants after losses →
Like other automakers, Nissan has been also hurt by the sales decline in the U.S., a key profitable market.
· Teacher who abused young students found actions 'emotionally fulfilling' →
Judge Hassan said Liefting had apologised to the girls in a letter to the court, saying he understood he had caused them hurt.
· Tour de France: Mark Cavendish not guaranteed spot for 2020 race →
Mark Cavendish’s chances of racing at this year’s Tour de France have been hurt by the coronavirus pandemic, Bahrain-McLaren team principal Rod Ellingworth has admitted.