“Hurt” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Trade war posturing a worry for outgoing Costa boss Harry Debney →
Outgoing Costa Group boss Harry Debney says he's very concerned about the ongoing trade stoush between China and Australia, but has stressed that the group's citrus exports to the country haven't been hurt by the row.
· RuPaul’s Drag Race needs to slow down, or risk burnout for both its fans and contestants →
But the cynic in me says that it’s hurting both queens and audiences to focus on instant gratification without looking to the future.
· 7 shot during protests in Louisville, police say →
But we should stop tonight before people get hurt.
The China Post
· 7 shot at Louisville protest over fatal police shooting →
“But we should stop tonight before people get hurt.
· Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Management on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And so to the extent that gas has come down a little bit, that hurts a little bit.
· Trump's warning as Minneapolis burns over George Floyd's death: 'When the looting starts, the shooting starts' →
My neck hurts.
· Superheroes of the deep: humpbacks bounce back from near extinction to help fight climate change →
Jonas Leibschner, of Whale Watching Sydney, said the pandemic had hurt the industry, but he is hopeful they will resume their trips by mid-June.
· A burning question about how to deal with writers' final wishes →
It might have to go because the authors got religion (Gogol, Gerard Manley Hopkins); or because they thought the surviving work would embarrass or hurt or offend others; or simply because they didn’t want to be judged by posterity for work they considered inferior (Vladimir Nabokov, Ernest Hemingway).
The China Post
· George Floyd protesters set Minneapolis police station afire →
We don’t want anyone to be hurt.
· George Floyd protests: what we know so far →
Protestors were ushered inside by state patrol and no one appears to have been hurt.