|create the illusion||幻想を作り出す|
· The charges against former Minnesota police officer Derek Chauvin, explained →
He claimed that, in past cases involving police violence, “they have these people who work with the city come up with things that are such an illusion.”
· PM Modi indispensable leader but how to rectify mistakes? says Shiv Sena in swipe at BJP →
Fight for Independence and struggle to become a nation, and the country’s growth on fronts of industry, society, science and medicine is just an illusion,” the edit said.
· Defining 'Inflation' Correctly →
But once the pool becomes stagnant or starts to decline, increases in the growth rate of money supply can no longer create the illusion of creating real economic growth.
· Coronavirus Roundtable - The Closed-End Funds Opportunity Persists →
However, when conditions become tight (as they have this year) CEF managers can be tempted to maintain dividends (to create the illusion of strength and health) by funding them with short-term capital gains or a return of capital.
· Lockdown in Dhaka: where social distancing is an illusion →
But social distancing within our neighbourhoods is an illusion.
· Virtual reality: The future of defence training during COVID times →
These are used to actually stimulate our senses together in order to create the illusion of reality to give us an immersive experience.
· I started to miss brazenly beautiful Japan before I'd even left →
Like many I had bought into Sofia Coppola’s soft-focus illusion of the country (in her 2003 film Lost In Translation) as a kaleidoscope of karaoke, cat cafes and mad crossings, but I quickly realised her film was a reductionist insult.
· The inequalities exposed by this pandemic are about to get even worse →
Any illusions that we were ever protected from the rank contempt of our rulers by the logic of democracy – because the government embodies the will of the people who elected it – are now gone.
· 'She never had a voice': Dawn Sturgess's parents hope TV drama will set record straight →
Stan and Caroline are under no illusions that the broadcast of the drama will help ease their pain.
· Thousands of us have suffered severe stress →
COVID-19 has shown that misfortune can befall anyone, security is an illusion, and leadership must be inclusive not divisive, as exemplified by Jacinda Ardern and our recent experience with the national cabinet.