The New York Times
· In Days of Discord, President Trump Fans the Flames →
The image of the White House surrounded by police in riot gear fueled the sense of a nation torn apart.
· National Guard heads to Louisville, Ky., to quell protests over fatal March police shooting →
Photo: Brett Carlsen/Getty Images
· Who is Hunter Biden and could he impact his father's campaign? →
· CDC pares down guidance on how to reopen houses of worship →
Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images
· Gov. Tim Walz to mobilize Minnesota's full National Guard →
Photo: Steel Brooks/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
· The eyes have it: communication and face masks →
And who can forget the image of Princess Diana when she scrubbed in to watch an operation at Harefield Hospital in 1996, her face covered by a surgical mask, a wisp of blonde hair escaping from her surgical cap, her kohl-rimmed eyes looking intensely at the photographer – at us all – through a crowd of medics?
· Normal People's Paul Mescal: normal, yes, but swelteringly, blisteringly hot →
It’s a classic, now decorating the countless soft-focus images of empowered inspirational sunsets that pepper social media.
· In photos: We've seen images like the protests in Minneapolis before →
Photo: Kerem Yucel/AFP/MPI/Getty Images
· People flock to beaches across England despite warnings to avoid crowds as lockdown eases →
Images showed people packed together on beaches as they made the most of the weekend sunshine.