“Immigration” in the news
|immigration and emigration|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· CoreCivic Inc (CXW) CEO Damon Hininger on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The largest impact on our revenue in normalized FFO 2020 has been due to lower utilization levels from our largest government partner, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, primarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The New York Times
· At the Census Bureau, a Technical Memo Raises Alarms Over Politics →
The memorandum asks the group to find ways to measure an array of characteristics of noncitizens that might be used to verify records, including whether they face deportation, have overstayed visas or face immigration hearings.
· Biden draws distinction on Black, Latino political diversity →
“You go to Florida,” Biden continued, “you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you’re in Arizona.
· Home Office restarts deportation of asylum seekers despite coronavirus fears →
Exclusive: Ministers accused of prioritising immigration enforcement over public health as charter flight set to remove up to 20 asylum seekers next week
· The GEO Group's (GEO) CEO George Zoley on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Now when you talk about the election, or the potential rebound from the election, you're referring to a potential loosening of immigration policies or what is it that if were a democratic suite for example, what is it that you see happening in the political scenario that would work in your favor?
· Trump voters haven't been driven by racism. If anything, it has repelled them. →
Another author claimed to prove that Trump voters were driven by a desire to preserve white privilege and that they supported Trump’s bid to restrict immigration in order to advance this agenda.
· What is ammonium nitrate, the chemical in the deadly Beirut explosion? →
Daniella Silva is a reporter for NBC News, specializing in immigration and inclusion issues, as well as coverage of Latin America.
· Trump plays a now-familiar role in critical coronavirus talks: observer →
In 2018, Trump largely stood to the side during weeks of congressional negotiations over a bipartisan bill on immigration — only to sabotage it at the 11th hour, tweeting that Republicans were wasting their time on the measure and threatening to veto it days before it was set for a vote.
The China Post
· Captain astonished that his ship delivered Beirut explosive →
Prokoshev and three other crew members were forced to remain on board because of immigration restrictions.
· Pence denounces rulings of Chief Justice Roberts calling him ‘disappointment to conservatives’ →
Chief Justice Roberts has sided with liberal justices and consequently against the administration on several cases throughout this term such as rights for LGBT+ workers, immigration, and abortion.