“Immune” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· COVID-19 Therapeutics: The Leading Contenders →
A cytokine storm is an overproduction of immune cells and their activating compounds—cytokines—which, in something like a flu infection, is often associated with a surge of activated immune cells into the lungs.
· Hydroxychloroquine no better than placebo for COVID-19: clinical trial →
Others have suggested that it needs to be used in combination with the mineral zinc, which can help boost the immune system.
· VMware, Inc. (VMW) CEO Patrick Gelsinger at Bank of America 2020 Global Technology Conference (Transcript) →
But hey, businesses, who might serve SME, if their budgets are being cut by 20% because of the GDP effects, nobody is immune from being implicated, but tech will be better than GDP and software and cloud will be better than that.
The New York Times
· Genes May Leave Some People More Vulnerable to Severe Covid-19 →
He also noted that the locus where the blood-type gene is situated also contains a stretch of DNA that acts as an on-off switch for a gene producing a protein that triggers strong immune responses.
· KORU Is Getting Tailwind From A Shift Away From IV And The Pandemic →
We also discussed the addressable market, which is the global IG or immunoglobulin market with IG therapies treating neurological conditions, blood disorders, and immune disorders.
· Transcript: Into an American Uprising: Can You Hear Us Now? →
Our immune systems can't take it.
· Canopy Rivers Inc. (CNPOF) CEO Narbé Alexandrian on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our portfolio has not been immune to financial and operational stress since the beginning of 2020.
· Stop the Wildlife Trade: Appeal to Boris Johnson to lead G20 drive for worldwide ban →
Stress lowers an animal’s immune system, which makes them more susceptible to illness, and mixing species that would not encounter each other in the wild allows viruses to jump from one to another more easily.