“Impact” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· New wave of US layoffs feared as coronavirus pain deepens →
State governors have requested US$500 billion to help cover public health expenses and lost tax revenues, underscoring the devastating impact of Covid-19 on the economy.
· Titan: Rate stock ‘neutral’ but earning opportunity attractive →
Sales were also impacted due to ‘Akshay Tritiya’ falling on April 26 (during the lockdown) and weddings getting postponed.
· Seoul predicts economy will shrink, cuts interest rate →
The BOK cut its key interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.5 per cent, joining other central banks moving to try to stem the impact of the pandemic, which analysts say threatens to cause a global recession.
· MedMen Enterprises, Inc. (MMNFF) Interim CEO Tom Lynch on Q3 2020 - Earnings Call Transcript →
Moving on to Nevada; while we saw a decrease in overall sales in this market, particularly given the impact that the pandemic has had on tourism into Las Vegas, we're encouraged about the recent decision to open up cannabis retail again, and have already begun to see a steady ramp up in revenue.
· Box, Inc. (BOX) CEO Aaron Levie on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
On this call, we will be making forward-looking statements, including our Q2 and FY 2021 financial guidance and our expectations regarding our financial performance for fiscal 2021 and future periods, our timing of and market adoption of our products, our markets and market size, our operating leverage, our expectations regarding maintaining positive free cash flow, growth margins, operating margins, future profitability and unrecognized revenue and remaining performance obligations, our planned investments and growth strategies, our ability to achieve our long term revenue and other operating model targets and expected timing and benefits from our new products, pricing and partnerships and our expectations regarding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our business and operating results.
The China Post
· Most Australian News Corp small papers to go digital-only →
“COVID-19 has impacted the sustainability of community and regional publishing.
· Credit Acceptance Corporation (CACC) CEO Brett Roberts on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And then there's a – the remainder, about $162 million is a subjective adjustment made on top of that to consider the ongoing impact of the COVID pandemic.
· 'Gutting': News Corp Australia's newspaper print closures will leave 'thousands of stories' untold →
The media company’s chairman, Michael Miller, said the papers would move to digital as the impact of coronavirus has hit the advertising spending that keeps the print papers afloat.
The Japan Times
· Surge in cycling from coronavirus fears adds ¥604 billion to Shimano’s stock →
While much of the company’s products are made entirely at a single plant, production that required cross-regional work was impacted during the pandemic.
The Japan Times
· Some players wary as Premier League approves resumption of contact training →
Since the early stages of the COVID-19 crisis, The Japan Times has been providing free access to crucial news on the impact of the novel coronavirus as well as practical information about how to cope with the pandemic.