· 'Historic health screw-up': what you need to know about the Covid-19 crisis in California prisons →
In new Covid-19 hot spots like Imperial county and Riverside county (where Chuckawalla Valley state prison is located), this combination of community and prison spread threatens to overwhelm local hospital systems.
· Why Japan’s Feud With South Korea Isn’t Going Away →
South Korea and Japan, major trading partners and both U.S. military allies, have been at loggerheads over what constitutes proper contrition and compensation for Koreans conscripted to work in factories and mines that supplied Japan’s imperial war machine, and those euphemistically called “comfort women,” who were forced to work in military brothels.
· 'Bloomberg Surveillance' Full Show (08/03/2020) →
Steven Riley, Imperial College London Professor of Infectious Disease Dynamics, says the variation of strength and timing of lockdowns globally impacted the amount in virus cases.
· UK coronavirus: lockdown laws still not implemented four days after Manchester restrictions — as it happened →
Prof Chris Toumazou, the chief executive and co-founder of DnaNudge and founder of the Institute of Biomedical Engineering at Imperial College London, said the new portable 90-minute tests could be done “very, very rapidly ... at the point of need” and was a “very affordable” test.
· Mack-Cali Realty Corporation (CLI) CEO MaryAnne Gilmartin on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
In regards to our hotel properties at Port Imperial, the [OnView] (Ph) was closed at the end of March and remains closed today.
· Altria Vs. Philip Morris: And The Winner Is... →
While Imperial Brands (OTCQX:IMBBY) ended up cutting its dividend amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Altria recently announced a dividend hike - its 55th in 51 years- which clearly shows management's continued dedication to rewarding shareholders.
· UK should shift approach to returning artefacts to Indigenous communities, Australia says →
Craig Ritchie, who runs what is believed to be one of the world’s biggest repatriation projects, said Brexit and the renewed focus on Britain’s imperial history represented a powerful moment to reassess the UK’s relationship with Indigenous Australians so that it “isn’t just one where we happen to share a monarch and isn’t just one where we are interested in trade deals”.
· Philip Morris: Bullish On A Smoke-Free Future →
It holds a dominant market share internationally and competes with other well know publicly-traded companies like British American Tobacco PLC (BTI or BAT), Imperial Brands PLC (OTCQX:IMBBY or IMB) and Japan Tobacco (JT).
· Coronavirus vaccine latest: Wockhardt ties up with UK govt to supply COVID vaccines →
Earlier, the UK government had funded scientists at Imperial College London to develop a Coronavirus vaccine.
· Beware of the looming chaos in the Middle East →
But now, unlike back then, the region hurts from not one but two decades of conflict: civil wars, proxy wars, and imperial wars that have left Syria, Libya, Yemen and Iraq in tatters.