· Viral marketing: Indonesia’s president has a new rival →
Indonesia’s first case of covid-19 had been confirmed on March 2nd, and for weeks the governor of Jakarta, the capital, had been imploring the central government to act.
· The heart aching in me wants collective action. It calls for truth speaking →
This weekend, I’ll be sharing resources to support change, and I implore everyone reading this to do the same – to stand by blak people in a time like this, of isolation and separation, to donate and act boldly and unapologetically so that we might bring ground-shattering change.
· “I’m deeply ashamed”: Another Facebook employee resigned in protest over the company’s handling of Trump’s posts →
The decision has divided Facebook, with hundreds of employees protesting, several early employees penning an open letter imploring the company to reverse the decision, and at least two Facebook employees resigning in protest over the matter earlier this week.
· Curfews and Arrests Will Inflame the Pandemic →
In London, Mayor Sadiq Khan stopped short of a ban on mass gatherings, but implored protesters to keep six feet apart.
· 'Incomprehensible': How Rio Tinto reduced 46,000 years of history to rubble →
At once they implored Rio to call off the blasting or at least protect the shelters.
· A massive societal transformation is required for Black Lives to truly Matter →
When so many in the US and in the UK first became transfixed by the dangers of the novel coronavirus, there was a strong narrative that we were “all in this together” as we were implored to “flatten the curve”.
· Happy campers: Outdoor industry heats up as Victorians plan winter escapes →
Many of Aussie Disposals' stores are in regional areas and he is imploring visitors to support their economies in any way they can.
· Curfews have a disturbing racist history →
Learn from my mistakes, he implored.
The China Post
· Judge rejects Ponzi king Madoff’s bid for early release →
“We implore the President to personally consider Madoff’s rapidly declining health,” Sample said.