“Inequity” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· A public radio station was already in turmoil. Then its own news site dropped an explosive report. →
“As journalists, we never want to become the story, but the revelations of harassment and inequity must be reported on so that stations maintain the high degree of credibility and trust with our audience.”
· Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) CEO Charlie Lowrey on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Before turning it over to Rob, I’d like to address the recent disturbing incidence of racial injustice and how we as an organization, are responding to the deep-seated and persistent problem of racism and inequity in society.
· Parks In Nonwhite Areas Are Half The Size Of Ones In Majority-White Areas, Study Says →
The pandemic is making people pay attention to the inequities that have existed for a long time, González says, and explore what a new future could look like.
· California Struggles To Fix Zoning That Promotes Racial Inequity And Climate Change →
Around the U.S., cities have been grappling with how single-family zoning can exacerbate racial inequity and climate change.
· AmerisourceBergen Corporation (ABC) CEO Steve Collis on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
With this in mind, we took time over the past several weeks to discuss social injustice and racial inequity and fostered a candid dialogue to discuss topics, including racism and unconscious bias.
The Wall Street Journal
· Why I Fight for: Black Lives →
From the time Deon Jones was just a kid in the deep South, he felt stirrings of political consciousness that would evolve into his steadfast commitment to combating racial inequities.
· Warner Music Group's (WMG) CEO Steve Cooper on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We continue to grapple with global pandemic while, at the same time, we’re at a critical moment of reckoning with systemic inequities.
· In an AOC-Like Shocker, Missouri’s Cori Bush Takes Down Another Democratic Heavyweight in a Primary Race →
She fell short in the 2018 race, but Bush and her supporters attributed this year's primary win to the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor and the national protests that followed, which brought new urgency to the issues of police brutality and racial inequity.
· States Show Fury at Trump With Bipartisan Testing Plan →
The report warned of “impending disaster.” The virus is already taking lives, causing economic damage and exacerbating inequities -- and the fall cold and flu system threatens to worsen conditions.
The New York Times
· Meet Members of a Historic University of California Class →
If you missed it, 13 Pac-12 Conference football players said they’d opt out of the coming season until systemic inequities in college athletics’ response to the pandemic have been addressed.