“Inflation” in the news
|adjusted for inflation|
|rate of inflation|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH) CEO Mike Kaufmann on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We are anticipating consistent market dynamics within our generics program and a similar contingent brand inflation rate in fiscal '21 as in fiscal '20.
· IMF urges Lebanon to break reform 'impasse' after port disaster →
It came as the country was already knee-deep in its worst economic crisis since the 1975-1990 civil war, with runaway inflation and bank capital controls fuelling poverty, despair and angry street protests.
· Retirement Lab: Growing Income From CEFs And ETFs →
Two main causes of disruption for income is inflation and market sell-offs.
· Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF: Investment-Grade Opportunity Offering A Decent Yield →
Watch for rising bond yields if inflation eventually comes into play, but for now, that looks subdued at best.
· Curtiss-Wright Is A Stealth Company Benefiting From Low Expectations →
But if consumer demand drops and inflation sets-in along with a collapsing corporate debt market, CW might not be able to manage as good as it has managed to develop free cash flow, etc.
· Real Rates Push Gold Higher - Craig Hemke (August 4, 2020) →
The U.S. is about to plunge into a period of significant stagflation-like the 1970s, a time of low economic growth and significant price inflation.
· AWP And IGR: Hedge Against Inflation - Buy Real Estate →
Inflation may hit us hard in a couple of years due to massive quantitative easing and money printing by the Fed.
The China Post
· Turkish currency hits all-time law amid market jitters →
The drop is in part fueled by high inflation, a wide current account deficit and the government’s push for cheap credit to drive the economy that was already fragile before the COVID-19 pandemic.