“Influence” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Steve King’s Racism Won’t Be His Undoing →
King’s declining influence in Washington has given his GOP foes an opening.
· Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford and the importance of footballers not sticking to football →
“They’re using their platforms for positivity and trying to influence change.
· How Portugal became European football’s coaching production line →
Portuguese managers have not just won the biggest trophies, but influenced the way the game is trained, especially in relation to concepts like periodisation.
· Drug grower jailed after makeshift gun factory found at his home →
Moran made the guns while under the influence of drugs and had dozens of pictures and videos of the weapons on his phone, including of one being fired.
The Japan Times
· Trump envisions a three-way nuclear pact. China has other ideas →
Longer-range missiles previously banned under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) between Washington and Moscow, which was scrapped in February last year, have also played a role in attempting to influence Beijing’s thinking on arms control.
· The 100 greatest UK No 1s: No 4, Donna Summer – I Feel Love →
I Feel Love is, or has been, a staple of house, techno, electroclash and nu-disco sets while also exerting an influence on post punk, new wave, EBM, hi-energy, P-Funk and industrial.
· Bike buying guide: Everything you need to know about frame sizes, saddles and accessories →
We may earn commission from some of the retailers, but we never allow this to influence selections, which are formed from real-world testing and expert advice.
· Warmer temperatures may not slow COVID-19 transmission by much: Study →
“To the best of our knowledge, this is probably one of the first peer-reviewed studies that examine the influence that temperature, precipitation and UV light have in terms of virus transmission in the general population across the United States,” said Sehra.
· Where can you buy hand sanitiser online? →
We may earn commission from some of the retailers, but we never allow this to influence selections.
The New York Times
· An M.L.B. Rookie Works on His Timing →
It doesn’t influence my thought process.