· Investing With Leverage - What You Need To Know →
How your investments move or how volatile it is has a big influence on how leverage performs.
· Victorian court quashes Katia Pyliotis's murder conviction after judge's 'boring' lawyer comment →
Three appeal judges found those comments and others may have unfavourably influenced the jury’s consideration of the defence case, which involved a confession to police by another woman who has since died.
· Will there be another 'golden generation' of Australian TV? →
Created by John Edwards, Claudia Karvan, and Jacquelin Perkse, Love My Way ran for three seasons – each on a different Foxtel channel – at a time when television’s creative DNA was just beginning to change in the wake of The Sopranos audacious rise and HBO’s associated influence.
· Wednesday briefing: Tory revolt over Cummings piles pressure on PM →
Trump has swiftly rounded on his favourite soapbox, accusing its owners of trying to influence the US elections and political bias.
· Novel insight reveals topological tangle in unexpected corner of the universe →
Like the Fibonacci spiral and the golden ratio, the Hopfion pattern unites different scientific fields, and deeper understanding of its structure and influence will help scientists to develop transformative technologies.
· The corner of Minnesota that’s there by mistake →
When the Treaty of Paris was signed on 3 September 1783, US sovereignty was acknowledged by Britain; all British influence was abolished; British protection of American interests around the world was lifted; confiscated Loyalist property was to be reinstated; and the US’s northern border was set from the north-west corner of Lake of the Woods to … nowhere.
· Spirited tale of a wolf in poodle's clothing →
The influence of Charles Addams shows up in the Lupin family’s Gothic mansion and in the nature of their domestic politics – Freddy’s most devious and energetic enemy is his Uncle Hotspur (Rupert Degas).
· My Top New England Bank Pick For The 2020s →
On March 15, three days after BHB's repurchase announcement, the megabanks announced plans to suspend their buybacks; the fact that they all released the buyback suspension on the same day, no doubt, indicates regulatory influence.
· Hundreds demand justice in Minneapolis after police killing of George Floyd →
Police said Floyd “physically resisted officers” while possibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
· Hong Kong's future as China's gateway to the West is under threat →
All trade with the US, whether initiating within Hong Kong or transiting through it (some mainland trade has be re-routed through Hong Kong to avoid the US tariffs) would be captured by the US tariffs, and all capital flows would be more closely scrutinised and subjected to a US national security regime that is increasingly used as a weapon in America’s attempts to contain the growth in China’s economic and geopolitical influence.