· Premier League must finally share its riches to save English football →
Scudamore was also an unforgiving fighter for its independence and supremacy, beating back the FA’s influence as the governing body, and cementing and widening the gap with the EFL.
· Spending insights crucial during real-time recession →
It suggests the coronavirus lockdown will have a lasting influence on consumer habits.
· From Germany to Detroit and back: how Kraftwerk forged an industrial exchange →
When Schneider and Ralf Hütter started Kraftwerk in 1970, their influences included several Detroit-based acts including the Stooges, MC5 and, according to later member Karl Bartos, Berry Gordy’s Motown label.
· The 40 best books to read while you’re self-isolating →
We may earn commission from some of the links in this article, but we never allow this to influence our content.
· Library users turn to Australian authors as digital usage jumps →
She said she was pleased to see the influence of films and TV on borrowing choices, particularly in the young-adult sector, had diminished.
· James Graham on This House: 'I'm writing a sort-of sequel – with an unlikely hero' →
We need to take the pressure off theatre as a direct influence, but at the same time its influence is significant.
· Courtney Love in Liverpool: the Scousers who taught the grunge icon how to rock →
Understanding the mechanics of songwriting, and finding ways to channel influences and experiences, is important – but attitude counts too.
· Exclusive: big pharma rejected EU plan to fast-track vaccines in 2017 →
The COE report says the directing influence of big pharma on the IMI’s research agenda has led it to becoming dominated by industry priorities, and sidelining poverty-related and neglected diseases, including coronaviruses.
· 'There was goodness, there was badness': Patrick Dodson explores family history →
Macao's Gourmet with Justine SchofieldSBS Food, 8.30pmFor centuries a Portuguese colony on China's southern coast before reverting to the People's Republic in 1999, Macao has become a touchstone for food enthusiasts, largely on account of the cultural and culinary influences that run through the densely populated city.
· Pakistan goes wild for blockbuster Turkish drama →
“Over here, we go to Hollywood then Bollywood and back again — third-hand culture gets promoted this way,” Khan told a group of YouTubers recently, referring to the influence of foreign shows.