“Inhabit” in the news
|inhabit the area|
|known to inhabit|
Publications and example sentences
· The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett review – a twin's struggle to 'pass' for white →
Established in 1848, it is inhabited by light-skinned African Americans “who would never be white but refused to be treated like Negroes”.
· Officer who stood by as George Floyd died highlights complex Asian American, black relations →
Moreover, resettlement efforts did not include sufficient introductions between refugees and the communities they now inhabited, Vaj said.
· Women in Egypt's restive Sinai bring Bedouin embroidery to virus fight →
Bedouins are nomadic tribes who traditionally inhabit desert areas throughout the Arab world, from North Africa to Iraq.
· Pass Over review – Spike Lee directs a supremely masterful tragedy →
Two homeless men in Spike Lee’s film who inhabit a shabby street corner fear for their lives, although there is no visible threat.
The New York Times
· Trudeau’s 21-Second Pause Becomes the Story in Canada →
Even the country’s conservative newspapers were filled with columns like one by Gary Mason stating, “There couldn’t be a scarier person inhabiting the White House at this very moment.”
· In Senegal's north, Fulani herders boxed in by virus →
In the hamlet of Mbetiou Peulh, which is inhabited for only part of the year, Adama Ba says he must travel nearly 100 kilometres (60 miles) south soon, to a refuge containing pasture.
· Trianon 2020: Investigating Magyarization and Liberal Nationalism →
For the many other ethnic groups that have inhabited the region over the past centuries, it is a day of celebration.
· Earth accelerating towards sixth mass extinction event that could see ‘disintegration of civilisation’, scientists warn →
In addition to the alarming extinction rates, the cumulative loss of populations – the individual, localised groups of a particular species – and the geographic range they inhabit, has led to more than 237,000 populations of those 515 species being wiped out since 1900, according the researchers’ estimates.
· Sundarbans Devastated by Cyclone, as Virus Halts Migration →
The Sundarban delta has 102 islands, of which 54 are inhabited.
· People face 'bleak' future as Sundarbans devastated by cyclone →
The Sundarban Delta has 102 islands, of which 54 are inhabited.