“Inherit” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Annie Mac: ‘I'm happy in chaos and noise’ →
She insists it’s the Radio 1 show that’s influential, and whoever does it after her will inherit that influence.
· Masks blossom among roses at French perfume capital →
Biancalana inherited the three hectares (more than seven acres) cultivated by her family and rents another plot under a local plan to foster perfume plants.
· Avidity Biosciences readies IPO →
Its pipeline consists of five programs led by AOC 1001 for the potential treatment of myotonic dystrophy type 1, a rare inherited disease characterized by progressive muscle wasting and weakness that typically manifests in people in their 20s or 30s.
The New York Times
· Hertz, Car Rental Pioneer, Files for Bankruptcy Protection →
When Ms. Marinello took the helm of Hertz in early 2017, she inherited a troubled company.
The Wall Street Journal
· ‘Death at the Edges of Empire’ Review: Learning to Honor the Dead →
Before it was a national military cemetery, the Arlington Estate belonged to the wife of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee, who had inherited it from her father, George Washington’s adopted grandson.
· Fiction Friday: An Excerpt From Brit Bennett's "The Vanishing Half" →
The idea arrived to Alphonse Decuir in 1848, as he stood in the sugarcane fields he'd inherited from the father who'd once owned him.