· Racing at Newcastle leads way as professional sport returns →
Social distancing will be strictly enforced at all times and on the few occasions when this is not always possible – for instance, during the loading process at the stalls – “risk mitigators such as wearing facial coverings and using hand sanitisers before and afterwards have been factored into our approach,” said Brant Dunshea, the British Horseracing Authority’s chief regulatory officer, on Sunday.
· Barack and Michelle Obama’s Powerful Statements Highlight What’s Lacking In Our Current Leadership →
Following the killing of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2012, for instance, Barack Obama released a profound statement that continues to resonate.
· Covid-19 tests exceed 200,000 a day target, government claims →
It was – and always will be – central to the fight against Ebola, for instance.
· America’s Worst Year →
For instance: After the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, it was Trump himself who tweeted about “thugs” and “when the looting starts, the shooting starts.” Nixon would not say things so crude himself.
· Brave Isn't Moving BAT Token Prices The Way Many Hoped →
This is reported to be the first instance of a browser integrating a widget for an exchange in order to allow for seamless trading and management of cryptos on that exchange.
· Unilever: A Consumer Products Champion →
For instance, the company owns Sunlight Soap, which was launched in India in 1888, Lifebuoy (inc. 1895), Pears (1902), Lipton Red Label (as Brooke Bond) in 1903, Pond’s (1947) and Surf (1959).
· 'Just stop talking': Trump criticised by Democratic mayors of cities with large George Floyd protests →
There were several instances of looting, vandalism, and arson of entire buildings over the weekend.
· Nike releases ‘Don’t Do It’ ad to combat racism in wake of George Floyd death →
The phrase is a twist on the sportswear brand’s trademark catchphrase: “Just Do It” and in this instance is in reference to combatting racism in the wake of the death of George Floyd.
The New York Times
· A Cog in the Machine of Creation →
“Dances With Wolves,” for instance, the 1990 film in which I played a Pawnee warrior, required the coordination of thousands of bison for a hunting scene, and battle scenes featured dozens of riders on horseback, along with actors doing their part to bring to life a unique story.
· NYPD commissioner: "I'm extremely proud" of officers' response to protests →
Why it matters: New York City residents captured several instances of police officers using excessive force against demonstrators.