Intensify в новостях
|continued to intensify||Продолжал усиливаться|
|intensify during||Усиливаться во время|
Публикации и примеры предложений
· 'I can't be silent': Hong Kong people aim to mark Tiananmen despite ban →
Fears have intensified over what many residents of Hong Kong see as Beijing's encroachment on its freedoms, and the impact of that on the city's status as a global financial hub.
· Gulf crisis sees new 'fake news' flurry online →
Coronavirus misinformation and Twitter's tagging of a tweet by Trump as glorifying violence has intensified the debate around tech companies' responsibility for content.
· Cyclone Nisarga to hit India’s west coastline tomorrow; check its severity and which areas it will impact →
When it turns into a strong cyclonic storm, on June 3, Nisarga will be packing at a wind speed of 105-115 km/h, raking up to 125 km / h. It will again intensify into a cyclonic storm with a wind speed of 60-70 on June 4, according to the IMD.
· The antidote: your favourite reads beyond coronavirus →
‘Monday’s Washington Post headline summed up the tension in the nation: “US at a precipice as demonstrations intensify”.
· Dollar on defensive as investors stick with risk, for now →
The yuan hit an 11-year low of 7.1854 per dollar in September when diplomatic tensions intensified over Trump’s fourth round tariffs on Chinese products.
The New York Times
· Your Tuesday Briefing →
P.S.• We’re listening to “The Daily.” Our latest episode is about a weekend of intensifying protests across the U.S. over the death of George Floyd in police custody.• Here’s today’s Mini Crossword puzzle, and a clue: Ancient alphabet symbols (five letters).
· Who killed Berta Cáceres? Behind the brutal murder of an environment crusader →
Her sense of unease intensified on 12 February 2016.
· Feast Or Famine: Grubhub Needs Uber Merger →
On top of this, Google recently announced that its popular Google Maps app will soon have a feature that allows restaurants to highlight their preferred delivery platform, which will only intensify competition.
· Hong Kong bans Tiananmen vigil for first time, as Beijing tightens grip →
Fears about limits on free speech and political expression have intensified in the last few days, after Beijing defied an international outcry and announced that it would impose new national security restrictions on Hong Kong that could effectively criminalise anything deemed subversive.