“Interest” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· ‘I withdrew from my friends, switched off my phone, shut out the world’ →
Due to the sheer scale of this comment community, we are not able to give each post the same level of attention, but we have preserved this area in the interests of open debate.
· Former Ferrari Australasia boss tried to talk employee into abortion, court papers say →
He claimed in court documents Ferrari failed to let him know that the investigation could be used against him, and that a company-supplied lawyer was working in the interests of the company.
· TRI Pointe Group prices upsized $350M senior notes due 2028 →
The notes will pay interest semi-annually in arrears and will be pari passu in right of payment with the existing credit facility and existing senior unsecured notes.
· As Snapchat demotes Trump account, social media struggles with world leaders →
The big picture: Tech companies often create carve-outs for world leaders in their content moderation policies, because they don't want to take down posts that could be of public interest.
· South Brisbane fig trees not able to be saved, council says →
Lucy is the urban affairs reporter for the Brisbane Times, with a special interest in Brisbane City Council.
· Popular, Inc.: Rate Sensitive Margin To Drag Down Earnings →
The downward stickiness of deposit costs makes the net interest margin quite sensitive to interest rates.