“Investigation” in the news
|launched an investigation|
Publications and example sentences
· 'Legend' Bolsonaro hails supporters as crises grow →
The political scandal revolves around an accusation by former justice minister Sergio Moro, a popular anti-graft crusader, that Bolsonaro aimed to interfere in police investigations.
· Johnson's defence of Cummings sparks anger from allies and opponents alike →
Possible police investigation of aide is latest in series of Guardian disclosures that have rocked the government
· Two boys die, teens in hospital after 4WD rolls on dirt road →
Investigations into the circumstances of the crash continue.
· Sixth person charged with murder of teenager Aya Hachem →
“Our investigation has moved at a fast pace, which has seen us arrest 14 people and charge six, with one person being released no charge and the others either bailed or released under investigation.
· Bolsonaro rallies with supporters amid virus surge →
But although Bolsonaro has a solid core of support -- about 30 percent of voters, according to recent polls -- he faces mounting criticism for his handling of the coronavirus crisis, as well as a potentially explosive probe into whether he obstructed justice to protect his family from police investigations.
· The 'risky business' of tracking Rwandan fugitive Felicien Kabuga →
Al Jazeera: How far were you able to get with your investigation into Kabuga?
The New York Times
· Trump Promotes Posts From Racist Twitter Feed →
When he returned to the White House on Saturday, Mr. Trump was active online, even revisiting debunked conspiracy theories about Joe Scarborough, the MSNBC host, implying that he was under investigation for murdering a former staff member in 2001.
· Witness complains to police about Dominic Cummings as pressure mounts →
Dominic Cummings is facing a possible police investigation under health laws over a claim that he breached self-isolation rules in north-east England, after a weekend of mounting pressure on the prime minister to sack his chief adviser.
· Liverpool-Atletico match linked to '41 additional' COVID-19 deaths: Report →
Last month one of the mayors for Liverpool called for an investigation into why the Atletico match was allowed to proceed as scheduled.