· Car dealer Lookers cuts 1,500 jobs and closes 12 showrooms →
Lookers says it has received the initial findings of an investigation carried out by accountancy firm Grant Thornton, which have highlighted areas where financial controls need strengthening, to avoid accounting irregularities being repeated in future.
The Japan Times
· ‘Near impunity’ for drug war killings in Philippines, U.N. report says →
Government figures show that 223,780 “drug personalities” were arrested from mid-July 2016 through 2019, but unclear charges and irregularities in due process raise concerns that “many of these cases may amount to arbitrary detentions.”
· COVID-19 Therapeutics: The Leading Contenders →
While I believe a vaccine will come, it may not be as soon as we hope (of course we hope we could have had it yesterday), and we are going to need therapeutics that ameliorate the cytokine storm and coagulation irregularities in the immediate term and even after a vaccine is developed.
· Ready to fund seven stalled Amrapali Group housing projects: SBI Cap tells SC →
The top court has been monitoring the execution and handover of the stalled Amrapali housing projects ever since an internal audit report found grave irregularities on the part of Amrapali firms and its directors.
· Kerry Stokes' Seven stake puts spotlight on Boral →
Boral has faced pressure from shareholders after it revealed that financial irregularities had been uncovered in its North American Windows business, which the building products company said had overstated pre-tax earnings by $US24.4 million ($36.5 million) between March 2018 and October 2019.
· ED files chargesheet against Chidambaram, son Karti in INX Media money-laundering case →
The CBI had registered its case on May 15, 2017, alleging irregularities in a Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance granted to the INX Media group for receiving overseas funds of Rs 305 crore in 2007, during Chidambaram’s tenure as finance minister.
· Correa's trial is an attack on Ecuador's democracy →
The case itself has been marred by irregularities, which could discomfit the judges in the appeals process.
· SRC trial: Najib’s lawyers go on offensive in oral submissions, points out inconsistencies within prosecution’s case →
KUALA LUMPUR, June 2 — In continuation of their similar approach taken yesterday, Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s lawyers today again went on the offensive as they attempted to discredit the prosecution’s case by highlighting the irregularities within the evidence adduced so far.