“Journey” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Homes Can Shelter India’s China Dream After Covid →
Left without jobs and shelter, an estimated 30 million — roughly a fifth of the urban labor force — have gone back to their villages, with many completing long, hazardous journeys on foot when trains and buses shut down.
· Foreign office issues worrying update on travelling to Kazakhstan amid deadly new outbreak →
They will also have to provide authorities with their contact details and an itinerary of their journey.
· Louis Vuitton quits Paris to show in China and Japan →
Message in a Bottle, the first in a series of teaser films, shows a character called “Zoooom” and his friends packing up crates at Vuitton's headquarters on the edge of the French capital and putting them on a barge on the River Seine before waving them off on their journey to the Far East.
· WHO urges aggressive virus measures as flare-ups spark new closures →
Private transport within cities will be limited to morning and early evening journeys and essential purposes such as travelling to work and purchasing food and medicine.
The New York Times
· I Have Cancer. Now My Facebook Feed Is Full of ‘Alternative Care’ Ads. →
But throughout this journey, I’ll find support from the people closest to me.
· More than the average bear: Peter Handscomb's meditative approach to cricket and life →
Yes, cricket is there but the journey of life is long and there will be a lot more.
· Weight loss: Woman lost two stone in four months of lockdown with this slimming plan →
I continued with my journey even though I couldn’t leave the house.
The New York Times
· Zuckerberg and Facebook Never Fail to Disappoint →
Noting that the report was “the beginning of the journey, not the end” for Facebook, she concluded that “what has become increasingly clear is that we have a long way to go.”
· Doctor Who blunder: Fans uncover bizarre Rose Tyler mistake in David Tennant debut →
Entitled New Earth, the Time Lord took his companion five billion years into the future for their first time-travelling journey as they ended up visiting her home planet after it had been destroyed in the previous season.
· More than 500 people evicted from Calais refugee camp after police raid →
Meanwhile the number of migrants reaching British shores in small boats has increased significantly since 2018, with an estimated 1,800 people making the journey last year.