“Kill” in the news
|attempts to kill|
|tried to kill|
|tries to kill|
Publications and example sentences
· Mother who gave birth while in virus-induced coma takes daughter home →
“It’s been a big shock to the system ‘cause we have found that a sizeable number of folks coming and visiting aren’t taking the mask wearing as seriously as folks here locally are,” Ben Sproul, mayor of the scenic Kill Devil Hills on North Carolina’s Outer Banks, told MSNBC recently.
The New York Times
· The Giant 'Murder Hornet' Resurfaces in British Columbia →
The specimen, collected after a woman killed an unusual-looking insect at her home, was found about eight miles north of where two other hornets were discovered last year near Blaine, Wash.
· UConn student wanted in connection to two deaths captured after manhunt →
The search for him began after he was seen Friday leaving the area where DeMers was killed in Willington, Connecticut.
The Japan Times
· About 140 Japanese nationals return to Wuhan on chartered plane: sources →
The virus, first detected in Wuhan late last year, has sickened nearly 83,000 people in the mainland and killed over 4,600, according to the country's health authorities.
· Five die in fire in Bangladesh hospital Covid-19 unit →
DHAKA, May 28 — Five people were killed in a top Bangladesh hospital yesterday after a fire swept through a makeshift coronavirus isolation unit, officials said.
The New York Times
· How White Women Use Themselves as Instruments of Terror →
As many as 300 people were killed because of it.
· George Floyd death: Pressure mounts for US officers to be charged →
Floyd's death is the latest case of a Black man or women being killed by police or former law enforcement.
· Looting erupts during Minneapolis protests over black man's killing by white police officer →
That’s what kills all validity and works negatively against them.
· Ford cranks up heat in self-cleaning police cars to kill coronavirus →
Ford has developed software that literally bakes the interior of police cars to kill traces of the coronavirus that other cleaning methods might have missed.
The China Post
· Asia Today: S Korea virus cases make biggest jump in 50 days →
— BANGLADESH FIRE: A fire that swept through a hospital’s coronavirus unit in Bangladesh’s capital killed five people.