“Label” in the news
|independent record label|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Some Japanese Whiskies Aren’t From Japan. Some Aren’t Even Whisky. →
Companies can buy spirits in bulk from abroad, bottle and label it “Japanese whisky,” and ship it back out.
· Twitter has more tools to use against Trump, if it chooses →
Twitter's moves to label or hide comments from President Donald Trump have escalated a feud between the social network and the White House, but there could be more to come.
· The 4 best movies you can now watch at home →
On the Record — a bombshell documentary in which a large group of women allege that Def Jam record label founder and “godfather of hip-hop” Russell Simmons sexually assaulted or raped them — wound up on a strange and baffling journey to its HBO Max release.
· Here’s your first good look at League of Legends: Wild Rift on mobile →
Outside of that, Riot also released a League-themed card game called Legends of Runeterra earlier this year, and it’s expanding the universe further through a new indie publishing label as well as an animated series and fighting game.
· Trump Is the Looter →
Twitter staged a corporate protest against the president’s violent rhetoric by posting a warning label over his “loot/shoot” tweet.
The New York Times
· Forget Swooshes and V’s. The Economy’s Future Is a Question Mark. →
Forecasters often label their expectations for a post-recession rebound with letters — a “V” suggests a rapid recovery, a “W” a double-dip, and so on — but that’s hard to do this time around.
· Sofia Coppola and Zoe Cassavetes Look Back on Their Cult ’90s It Girl Show →
(He refers to Lagerfeld as the “man with the fan.”); the episode documenting the first runway show of X-Girl, Kim Gordon and Daisy von Furth’s cult streetwear label, that was held on the street in Soho, New York.
· Minneapolis police union chief praised Trump at rally while attacking Obama's 'oppression of police' →
· Apple Music to launch new radio show dedicated to African music →
“Africa Now Radio with Cuppy” was announced on the heels of the launch of Universal Music Group’s new label division, Def Jam Africa, which will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
· Twitter hides official White House tweet for 'glorifying violence' after sharing Trump's post →
Twitter has added the same label it added to Donald Trump’s tweet about the Minneapolis riots to a tweet from the official White House account, which posted the same message.