|filed a lawsuit||訴訟を起こした|
|lawsuit was filed||訴訟が提起された|
· Trump's executive order targets political bias at Twitter and Facebook, draft says →
Such changes could expose tech companies to more lawsuits.
· AFP sued by WorkCover over culture of bullying and harassment →
In the latest lawsuit, WorkCover claims the AFP failed to stop long-running misconduct by corporate co-ordinator Julie Drummond, who was allegedly a “known perpetrator of workplace bullying” with a history of complaints dating back as far as 2004.
· How the free press worldwide is under threat →
In recent years, another way of silencing journalists has proliferated: the use of what are known as strategic lawsuits against public participation, or Slapps, where defamation or criminal lawsuits are brought with the intention of shutting down forms of expression such as peaceful protest or writing blogs.
· Transfer trauma: America's seniors suffer as care system pushes them between sites →
Genesis has settled numerous multimillion-dollar lawsuits for financial and care violations.
The China Post
· House casts proxy votes in pandemic, Republicans have doubts →
Twenty Republicans joined the lawsuit against the move, which House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy of California says is unconstitutional.
· 14 million could go hungry in Latin America because of virus →
Twenty Republicans joined in the leaders’ lawsuit against that move, which House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy of California says is unconstitutional.
The China Post
· Twitter fact-checks Trump; he threatens new regs or shutdown →
Some Trump allies have questioned whether platforms like Twitter and Facebook should continue to enjoy liability protections as “platforms” under federal law — or be treated more like publishers, which can face lawsuits over content.
The Japan Times
· Trump set to sign executive order about social media amid Twitter row →
Separately, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington on Wednesday upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit by a conservative group and right-wing YouTube personality against Google, Facebook, Twitter and Apple accusing them of conspiring to suppress conservative political views.