“Leave” in the news
|decided to leave|
|forced to leave|
|leave of absence|
|leave the country|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Puk's Long Hair and Arm Troubles Both Are Gone, and Athletics' LHP Ready for Big Things →
He left the those flowing locks, all 10, 12 or more inches of them, at home with his mother, who is looking to donate them, assuming chair can be donated in a time of coronavirus.
· Dallas Keuchel declares it a very good day →
Keuchel had a pretty perfect introductory outing in intrasquad play, suffering no damage, and leaving wanting more.
· ‘Blood on his hands’: In scathing obituary, woman blames governor for her father’s covid-19 death →
Mark Urquiza rarely left the house while Arizona’s stay-at-home order was in place except to do his job, which was deemed essential, his daughter said.
· How Companies Are Accounting for Covid-19 →
Some companies are adopting an innovative approach to accounting for the impact the coronavirus pandemic has had on their earnings: they’re leaving it out.
· Trump commutes longtime adviser Roger Stone’s prison sentence →
The White House said Stone “is victim of the Russia Hoax that the Left and its allies in the media perpetuated for years in an attempt to undermine the Trump Presidency.”
· Morikawa builds big lead at Muirfield Village before storms →
DUBLIN, Ohio — Among the lessons Collin Morikawa took away from missing his first cut as a pro was that his reliable cut shot had left him.
· Singapore GE: PSP’s average 40pc score is ‘head start’ for the future, says Tan Cheng Bock →
He was the driver, and I think the face of Tan Cheng Bock made the PSP what it is today, and I think he’s going to leave behind a very powerful legacy.”
The Japan Times
· Japan to begin study on aftereffects of COVID-19 from next month →
Health minister Katsunobu Kato said Friday that his ministry will begin as early as August a study on aftereffects COVID-19 patients may continue to suffer even after they have recovered enough to leave hospitals.
· Pac-12 football teams will play a conference-only schedule this fall →
The schools previously planning to play Pac-12 teams during their nonconference schedules are now left without opponents.
· Victoria records 216 new cases of coronavirus and one death →
Mr Andrews again urged Victorians to leave their homes for just four reasons: for groceries, to exercise, working or learning and caregiving.