“Legitimate” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Explaining the GOP’s mix of plutocrats and populists →
Their historical explanation of how the GOP became radicalized raises legitimate concerns that the party, its judicial appointees and its donor class will carry on “fomenting tribalism, distorting elections, and subverting democratic institutions, procedures, and norms” regardless of the electoral outcome in November.
· 'They'll have an uprising on their hands': the fight to save wild horses →
Maguire is gathering names for a petition, for instance, with thousands of people stating that they no longer recognise Parks Victoria as a legitimate authority.
· Sturgeon's EU admiration ridiculed in savage BBC skit: Blood's thicker than Juncker' →
Mr Russell said: “We do not accept that this is a legitimate way of operating within devolution.
· Chubb Ltd.: Guidance And Conservative Management Point To Resilience →
After exiting a relatively oversold position, I believe the stock's underperformance vis-à-vis the S&P 500 is legitimate - expenses have grown, and the pandemic will constrain business volumes going forward.
· The End of California's Coronavirus Miracle →
California had good leadership (by mayors, health officials, the governor, and corporate CEOs, many of whom told their workers to stay home well before the state’s stay-at-home order on March 19), good citizenship (among residents who accepted the restrictions as legitimate and prudent, with little give-me-liberty-or-give-me-death bluster), and plain good luck.
· Special powers to target electric bike yobs in Birkenhead crime blitz →
“The vast majority of people in area are law-abiding members of the community, and I just want to remind them that this order is not about bothering people going about their legitimate daily business.
· John Roberts is the Supreme Court's non-revolutionary conservative →
The bottom line: “To a certain extent I do take comfort in the fact that he wants to ensure that the public views the court as a legitimate institution,” Wydra said.
· Queen of the South: 5 shows to watch if you like Queen of the South →
The Starz series sees Ghost trying to become legitimate, only to have his old life coming back to haunt him as the lure of fast money from selling drugs takes him back under.
· Whether or not the Trump administration bans TikTok, it's already helping Facebook →
Wodzynski says she is “ready for anything,” and that if the U.S. bans the platform, she trusts it will do so for legitimate reasons.