· Covid-19 misinformation: pro-Trump and QAnon Twitter bots found to be worst culprits →
They filtered out legitimate accounts from those accounts most likely to be bots, which can be identified when they retweet identical coronavirus-related content within one second of each other.
· We used to love a queue – but that was before the pandemic →
I stood for 20 minutes in the underground car park of a Waitrose, watching a queue that was so still it was like an oil painting by an artist who (for a lot of totes legitimate and understandable reasons) vehemently hated the middle classes.
· Our grimdark meathook cyberpunk now →
Meanwhile, America’s techno-militarized law enforcement agencies use drones, networked cameras, AI-powered facial recognition, and other police-state innovations to aid them in their running battles against an insurgent population which increasingly no longer sees them as legitimate.”
The Japan Times
· Testing on kids Is a nervous next step on the way to a COVID-19 vaccine →
There have also been legitimate problems, such as a small 2010 uptick in narcolepsy cases that was found to be related to a swine flu vaccine.
· Double Lives review – the mother of all battles for equality →
McCarthy’s triumph lies in listening to many voices, revealing a complexity and richness that challenges the simple narrative that the working-class female has always needed to work for survival, the educated woman wants employment as a legitimate aspiration, while the male establishment and censorious nosy parkers don’t like either.
· Canopy Growth Corp: Something Has To Change →
Even so, it’s likely the firm will have at least one more tough quarter, and until we see a return to what should be normal for them and until we see what kind of impact the full rollout of Cannabis 2.0 products has, there are legitimate concerns about the company’s ability to survive long-term.
· Awilco Drilling: Last Man Standing Or Dead Man Walking →
I see no legitimate way forward unless oil prices rise above $60 and stay there for a long period of time.
The Japan Times
· China media bristles at U.S. moves on Hong Kong over national security push →
A Hong Kong government spokesman expressed regret the United States continued to “smear and demonize the legitimate rights and duty of our sovereign” to safeguard national security.
· China media bristles at US moves on Hong Kong over national security push →
A Hong Kong government spokesman expressed regret the United States continued to “smear and demonise the legitimate rights and duty of our sovereign” to safeguard national security.
The New York Times
· Annexing the West Bank Is a Brazen Violation of International Law →
For a symbolic gesture that would not make the settlements any more legitimate in international law than before, but would raise the threat of violence, undermine Israel’s standing in the world, harm Israel’s tentative alliances with Arab states, and further reduce the already thin chance of a peace settlement, which remains the only way to end this terrible conflict.