“Levy” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Spain's lower house to draft 3per cent digital tax on internet giants →
Spain's tax would take effect only if Organization for Cooperation and Development (OECD) member states reach agreement to launch a joint digital levy - an effort to take better account of the rise of big tech companies that often book profits in low-tax countries.
· Utilities: Regulatory Environment, COVID-19, And Taxes - Location Matters →
While other tax levies could be on the table, such as a new national value-added tax and a repeal of the individual tax cuts, corporate income tax hikes would seem to be almost a certainty if the Democrats win a majority in Congress and the White House.
· What the protesters want and why they might not get it →
As revealed in the violent policing tactics levied against black individuals and common in black communities, theories of racialized criminality and punitive policy continue to anchor American public policy.
· Proposal to triple first home owner grant, defer stamp duty as recession hits →
The Property Council has identified seven areas in the property and construction sector that it said need to be overhauled in the wake of the pandemic, including fast-tracking major projects, removing the congestion levy and encouraging the return of international and interstate students.
· Older workers, self-employed individuals as well as small businesses the focus as MPs debate new Fortitude Budget →
Another issue employers face is that they will need to let MOM deploy their workers in order to receive the foreign worker levy rebates announced in the Fortitude Budget, added Ms Lee.
· Govt extends anti-dumping duty on certain steel items till December 4 →
While DGTR recommends the duty to be levied, the finance ministry imposes it.
· HDFC Bank Loan Moratorium 2.0 rule: Will you get refund if EMI already deducted? →
Interest will be levied for availing EMI moratorium at the contracted rate of the loan for the period of EMI moratorium on the loan outstanding.
· SC seeks finance ministry's reply on waiver of interest on loans during moratorium period →
On May 26, the top court had asked the Centre and the RBI to respond to the plea challenging levy of interest on loans during the moratorium period.
· Amid pandemic, investors bet on India's Jio and its giant-killer playbook →
Meanwhile, rival Vodafone Idea Ltd, a venture between the Indian unit of Britain's Vodafone Group Plc and billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla's Idea Cellular, has warned it may not survive having to pay about US$4 billion in overdue levies and interest to the government.
· Reform Push: Cabinet clears Ordinances on farm trade, insolvency →
State governments will have no power to levy any fees or taxes on agriculture produce to be governed under both the Central laws on free inter-state trading and contract farming,” he said.