“Levy” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Older workers, self-employed individuals as well as small businesses the focus as MPs debate new Fortitude Budget →
Another issue employers face is that they will need to let MOM deploy their workers in order to receive the foreign worker levy rebates announced in the Fortitude Budget, added Ms Lee.
· Govt extends anti-dumping duty on certain steel items till December 4 →
While DGTR recommends the duty to be levied, the finance ministry imposes it.
· HDFC Bank Loan Moratorium 2.0 rule: Will you get refund if EMI already deducted? →
Interest will be levied for availing EMI moratorium at the contracted rate of the loan for the period of EMI moratorium on the loan outstanding.
· SC seeks finance ministry's reply on waiver of interest on loans during moratorium period →
On May 26, the top court had asked the Centre and the RBI to respond to the plea challenging levy of interest on loans during the moratorium period.
· Amid pandemic, investors bet on India's Jio and its giant-killer playbook →
Meanwhile, rival Vodafone Idea Ltd, a venture between the Indian unit of Britain's Vodafone Group Plc and billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla's Idea Cellular, has warned it may not survive having to pay about US$4 billion in overdue levies and interest to the government.
· Reform Push: Cabinet clears Ordinances on farm trade, insolvency →
State governments will have no power to levy any fees or taxes on agriculture produce to be governed under both the Central laws on free inter-state trading and contract farming,” he said.
· Govt firm on ‘equalisation levy’, CBDT empowers staff →
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on Saturday assigned jurisdiction to officers from its international tax division over assessees coming under the purview of ‘equalisation levy’ on e-commerce companies.
· Digital Tax row: US probing ‘Google Tax’ by India →
New Delhi, for its part, is set to oppose the probe on the ground that its equalisation levy, or the so-called Google Tax, doesn’t specifically target American digital firms and is well within its multilateral commitments under the General Agreement on Trade in Services at the WTO, a source told FE.
· It's hard not to see the end days of an empire, but America's friends must hope it finds a better path →
As US history has shown, large-scale domestic military deployments are a blunt instrument: better at sandbagging flood levies than deftly managing lawful protesters and unlawful looters.
· I-T dept specifies jurisdiction of officers for equalisation levy on non-resident e-commerce firms →
The income tax department has specified the jurisdiction of officers in its international taxation wing under whom the companies would be assessed for 2 per cent equalisation levy, commonly known as ‘digital tax’.