“Light” in the news
|speed of light|
Publications and example sentences
· BorgWarner: A Tier 1 Auto Supplier Undervalued Based On SOTP Valuation →
Historically, BorgWarner outperformed light vehicle (LV) unit growth and the overall automotive sector in up and down markets, thanks to clean air legislation and technological improvements.
· EU extends merger probe of Air Canada bid for Transat →
Transat agreed last August to be acquired for C$18/share but the stock has since slumped well below that level, suggesting investors doubt the C$720M deal will happen in light of the coronavirus crisis, which has hurt prospects for travel companies.
· Episodes: Matt LeBlanc plays himself in a gleeful skewering of the Hollywood machine →
With its very human, faulty characters, it joyfully holds these foibles up to the light.
The New York Times
· Bamboozles →
I’m all for inclusiveness and believe that the world of crosswords has quite a way to go on that subject, but it raises an important question: If there are no realistic options for including a woman in a theme about people, should that puzzle then never see the light of day?
· South Sudan: an unexplored Eden of biodiversity →
The light plane banked sharply to circle back over the plains.
· Man charged over cyclist's death fails to front court amid virus fears →
Nine News reported that Ms Locco was wearing reflective gear, had lights on and was cycling in the bike lane.
· NRL home grounds to be given green light from round 10 →
NRL clubs are set to be given the green light to play at their usual home grounds as soon as round 10.
· Get creative: Singapore's circuit breaker restrictions prompt photographer to offer virtual shoots via FaceTime, Zoom →
He compensated for low light by making the grains in the photo part of the photo treatment.”
· Coronavirus live news: WHO drops hydroxychloroquine trial as Mexico death toll questioned →
The WHO’s director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in light of a paper published last week in the Lancet that showed people taking hydroxychloroquine were at higher risk of death and heart problems than those who were not, it would pause the hydroxychloroquine arm of its solidarity global clinical trial.
The Japan Times
· Plastic pods offer stylish solution for COVID-19 dining →
But the government has yet to give the green light for the re-opening of restaurant and bars because they pose particular problems for disease control.