Lobby en las noticias
Colocaciones de ejemplo
|hotel lobby||Recibidor del hotel|
|lobby group||Grupo de lobby|
|main lobby||Vestibulo principal|
Modismos y frases →
Publicaciones y oraciones de ejemplo
The New York Times
· Los Angeles and San Diego Schools to Go Online-Only in The Fall →
The superintendent, Cindy Marten, had been working with education leaders across the country to lobby the Senate to pass a second stimulus package for schools.
· Google’s former CEO hosts an exclusive retreat in Yellowstone each July. You won’t hear much about it. →
Google is one of the world’s most powerful companies, and Schmidt has long served as its political fixer, the tip of the spear of a tech lobbying operation that spent $150 million over the last decade.
· New Jersey Puts $578 Million in Controversial Tax Breaks on Hold After Investigation →
An investigation by WNYC and ProPublica last year found that more than a billion dollars worth of tax breaks went to companies in Camden connected to the powerful Democratic party boss, George E. Norcross III, as well as clients of the law and lobbying firms of his brother Philip.
· Poland exit polls mean victory for homophobic Andrzej Duda — and misery for LGBTQ people →
A recent example of this strategy occurred in April, when in the middle of the first wave of the pandemic, Law and Justice unexpectedly introduced a bill in Parliament called the “Stop Pedophilia Act,” which proposed penalizing members of the “LGBT lobby” for providing reliable sex education.
· Washington Redskins confirm name to be changed →
NFL chief Goodell had also lobbied the team behind the scenes to consider a name-change, according to reports.
· Sixkiller Era Ended With Seahawks Rejection, But It Was Still a Glorious Time →
While Sonny sat in a lobby and flipped through a magazine, someone asked him if wanted to read, too.
· Washington's Long Overdue Name Change Is the Right Decision, Made for the Wrong Reasons →
That same year, Snyder’s team hired a lobbying firm; their stated purpose, per lobbying disclosures, was “Discussions of team origins, history and traditions, Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation and youth sports, activities of Original Americans’ Foundation.” The Washington team has spent $800,000 lobbying on this issue since 2014.
· Andrzej Duda's re-election set to intensify Poland-EU tensions →
Tapping into old antisemitic tropes, Duda’s campaign and the pro-government state media also repeatedly cast Trzaskowski as working on behalf of a “powerful foreign lobby” linked to George Soros and the Bilderberg group,