· WA sends bureaucrat to China on 'Belt and Road' mission after Premier rules out deal with Beijing →
The WA government has sent a senior bureaucrat on a mission organised by a Belt and Road Initiative lobby group, just months after a deal was ruled out by Premier Mark McGowan.Credit:AP
· Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) CEO Darren Woods Hosts 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (Transcript) →
Management is lobbying for CO2 tax so consumers can use less of the product Exxon sell.
· Listen to the science: it was mad to go ahead with major sporting events →
Robertson may or may not regret the enthusiasm with which he lobbied for his constituency’s annual cash cow in March, although his entirely reasonable pre-Festival caveat that “a change of policy would be introduced if the scientific and medical evidence points in that direction” suggests the personal grief he has since endured may have prompted regrets.
· British Land Company PLC (BTLCY) CEO Christopher Grigg on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It is already clear that lifts and lift lobbies are likely to be a pinch point, particularly in high rise buildings.
· Pakistan Plans Another COVID-19 Lockdown. Will It Work? →
Right-wing hardliners want to keep mosques open while small and major businesses have developed lobbies within the government to push for the opening of the economy.
The New York Times
· DeVos Plans to Force Public Schools Share Aid With Private Ones →
But private school leaders have launched an aggressive campaign to lobby Congress and the White House.
The Wall Street Journal
· Bill to Renew a Set of Surveillance Powers Hits Hurdles in the House →
WASHINGTON—A bill to renew a set of expired domestic surveillance powers appeared to be faltering in the House of Representatives on Wednesday, after President Trump voiced his opposition and lawmakers in both parties began to lobby against the measure.
· Chevron shareholders vote for more transparency on climate lobbying →
In a victory for climate activists, Chevron (CVX +0.1%) shareholders vote to approve a proposal demanding the company issue a report on its climate change related lobbying activities.
· Go Long On SinoPharm Group's HKEX Ticker 1099:HK →
Some of these cash-rich companies (like Walt Disney (DIS), Tesla (TSLA), Facebook (FB), Apple (AAPL), Intel (INTC), and Microsoft (MSFT)) will vigorously lobby for Trump not to sign the new Senate bill which could delist some Chinese stocks.
The New York Times
· Larry Kramer, Author and Outspoken AIDS Activist, Dies at 84 →
For the next several years, Mr. Kramer threw himself into fund-raising, lobbying and confrontation, and also into his writing.