“Loss” in the news
|loss of life|
Publications and example sentences
· Troops, police clamp down in US cities as unrest over racism flares →
They did so without a single loss of life and minimal property damage.”
· West Bank poor may double over pandemic, says World Bank →
But the Palestinian Authority’s financial situation is “expected to become increasingly difficult” due to loss of income and increased spending on healthcare and other areas, the World Bank said in a report.
· Coronavirus latest: at a glance →
Despite low infection rates, the pandemic is having a devastating economic effect due to loss of income and increased spending on healthcare.
· Schools expect half of pupils will stay home as year groups return →
“Schools with a high proportion of free school meal children were the most affected before lockdown and expect fewer children to return, adding to concerns about their loss of learning,” said Carole Willis, the NFER’s chief executive.
· UK manufacturing leaders call for emergency bailout →
It emerged last weekend that the Treasury had drawn up plans for the taxpayer to step in and rescue struggling companies to prevent a wave of job losses in sectors hardest hit by the coronavirus crisis.
The New York Times
· Grateful for Aid, but Worried About What Comes Next →
has also added chills, muscle pain, sore throat, headache and a new loss of the sense of taste or smell as symptoms to look out for.
· Commentary: COVID-19 makes waves for international shipping →
Container ship operators are cancelling sailings in order to minimise losses, thereby eroding service reliability.
· The Big Read: Life after circuit breaker - retail, entertainment and leisure won’t be the same again →
One thing is for sure, the business owners said they have no intention of raising their prices to recoup their losses or make up for the reduced seating capacity.
The New York Times
· Will Protests Spark a Second Viral Wave? →
But the unrest and outrage spilling out into the streets from one city to the next also reflects the dual, cumulative tensions arising from decades of killings by police and the sudden losses of family and friends from the virus.
· Ashford Hospitality: Nothing But A Speculative Bet →
So, AHT incurred about $80 million in BV equity loss against the backdrop of significant tailwinds in both January and February.