“Machine” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Run the Jewels: ‘I want the oppressors to know that they haven’t created complete hopelessness’ →
“Literally, we were looking up from the table,” says El-P, “and I’m like, ‘OK, here I’m talking about a cat shitting on my carpet and Mike’s talking about shooting a poodle, and then in the next song we’ve got [Rage Against the Machine’s vocalist] Zack de la Rocha talking about police brutality.’ You’re hearing who we really are.
· An Investment-Led Economic Recovery →
Recent news from John Deere is that farmers are mostly buying their latest technology machines.
· Accel Entertainment: Risks Offset An Intriguing Story →
Public comparables are essentially non-existent, as ACEL's model has important distinctions from those of slot machine manufacturers and traditional casinos.
· Equinix: It Is Not Business As Usual →
Figure 12: Comparing Equinix with Google, Amazon, International Business Machines (IBM) and Switch.
· A boot is crushing the neck of American democracy →
The killing machine of the US military here and abroad has lost its authority.
The New York Times
· Your Short Film of the Day →
In less than 10 minutes, Carmichael brings to life a Brooklyn from “the near-ish future,” where futuristic doodads are superimposed over a familiar reality (Stryka confides her ambivalence to a “therabot” that looks like a vending machine).
The China Post
· Gilead says drug helped moderately ill coronavirus patients →
By the 11th day in the study, those on five days of remdesivir were 65% more likely to improve by at least one on a seven-point scale that included measures such as needing treatment with a breathing machine, Gilead said.
· Facebook, Snapchat join chorus of companies condemning George Floyd death, racism →
The two tech companies stood with Intel Corp, Netflix Inc, Alphabet’s Google, International Business Machines Corp and Nike Inc in taking a public stance against Floyd’s death — calling out discrimination against African-Americans.
· Jeremy Corbyn casts doubt on impartiality of watchdog investigating Labour antisemitism claims →
Equality and Human Rights Commission deliberately underfunded to 'make it part of the government machine', ex-leader alleges
· Best And Worst Q2 2020: All Cap Growth ETFs And Mutual Funds →
More of the biggest names in the financial industry (see At BlackRock, Machines Are Rising Over Managers to Pick Stocks) are now embracing technology to leverage machines in the investment research process.