“Major” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· News Corp defends print closures as upset Nats MPs blast 'absolute disgrace' →
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age revealed in April that News Corp was undertaking a major review of its business model and regional publishing business to cut costs and consolidate editorial and commercial operations.
· Prince William says poor eyesight helped him overcome anxiety when giving speeches →
“If we can have a major impact on lowering suicide rates, that’s a success from this campaign.”
· EasyJet to cut up to 30% of workforce, shrink fleet amid Covid-19 crisis - business live →
Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news, as one of Europe’s top budget airlines unveils major job cuts due to the coronavirus outbreak
· What is this Hepworth sculpture made of? The great British art quiz →
The collection of over 200 works includes works by major 20th-century artists Barbara Hepworth and Ben Nicholson, contemporary artists including Sean Scully and Eva Rothschild, and Orcadian artists Sylvia Wishart and Stanley Cursiter.
· Euros Game of the Century: Quarter-finals - vote for the greatest match since 2000 →
To help ease the pain of no major tournament this summer, BBC Sport is on the ultimate quest to find out which Euros game this century is the best.
· Bundesliga: How successful has the league's return been? →
Despite some criticism from fans and politicians, the return of the league has been a major success for clubs and broadcasters.
· State parliaments passed 547 new Covid-related measures with less than usual oversight →
Individual ministers have been given the power to allocate multibillion dollar discretionary funds and write the rules for major policy response programs,” the letter said.
The Japan Times
· Scrums, mauls could be impacted as rugby weighs law changes →
London – It was a major factor in South Africa winning the World Cup last year, has long been part of the rugby DNA of national teams such as England and Argentina, and is a source of fascination — even bemusement — for many of the sport’s casual observers.
· CEA Subramanian tells banks how to earn profits: Don’t earn just 3.5% on your money, do this instead →
However, the guarantee from the government has come as a light of hope for the banks which serves two major purposes, which are increasing the profitability of banks and transmitting liquidity into the market.
· Offshore detention in PNG not value for money, Auditor-General finds →
In March last year, The Age and The Herald revealed leaked emails from a major PNG bank which handled the NKW account in which a manager referred to allegedly inflated invoices being paid by Australia.