|massacre took place||虐殺が行われた|
· Hong Kong crisis: Trump warns China he will take action as protests loom →
Several days have been set aside for debate, and the vote itself is scheduled for 4 June – the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre and another source of controversy given Hong Kong’s vigil this year won’t be allowed.
The Wall Street Journal
· Scrapping the SAT Won’t Help Black and Latino Students →
The New York Times
· Visit These Science-Fiction Worlds to Make Sense of Our Own →
Kluwe’s prose is also often startlingly beautiful — startling because he can swing from “Aching muscles roll and pop like beaded water on a skillet” to “skyway scrotum massacre” with the lazy ease of a pendulum.
· Between old and new empires, Hong Kong’s fate exposes stakes in Covid-19 era →
Political consciousness emerged in Hong Kong after the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, according to Malovic.
· Norway's Manshaus case and freedom of speech →
On August 10, 2019, then-21-year-old neo-Nazi Philip Manshaus made his way to al-Noor mosque in the suburban municipality of Baerum near the Norwegian capital, Oslo, on the eve of Eid al-Adha, intending to commit a massacre of Muslim worshippers.
· China's military says it is prepared to protect security in Hong Kong, as protests grow →
Several days have been set aside for debate, and the vote is scheduled for 4 June – the anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre and another source of controversy given Hong Kong’s vigil this year won’t be allowed.
· South Sudan: an unexplored Eden of biodiversity →
Elephants -- numbering some 80,000, 50 years ago -- were wholesale massacred for ivory to fund the fighting.
· Taiwan targets truth not justice as it investigates darker times →
While other countries have been eager to ignore or censor previous atrocities - in mainland China, which claims Taiwan as its own, the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre has been all but erased - the commission sets Taiwan apart in facing up to the darker corners of its past.
The New York Times
· UConn Student Went on Rampage, Killing 2 Before Fleeing, Police Say →
Mr. Manfredonia graduated in 2015 from Newtown High School, which is in the same Connecticut town where the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre took place in 2012.
· Donald Trump, the Most Unmanly President →
“You don't know until you test it,” he said at a meeting with state governors just a couple of weeks after the massacre, “but I really believe I'd run in there, even if I didn't have a weapon, and I think most of the people in this room would have done that too.” Truly brave people never tell you how brave they are.