“Maternal” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Commentary: Ethiopia is beating COVID-19 - with few ventilators and no lockdowns →
Shunning flashy hospitals, Ethiopia has instead poured what money it can into basic healthcare: Vaccination campaigns and child and maternal support.
· Inside the world of a 'Grandmillennial' →
For Uram-Mubangu, the importance of honouring her maternal grandmother is even more pressing today.
· Tia Health gets over $24 million to build a network of holistic health clinics and virtual services for women →
In pregnancy, c-section and preterm birth rates continue to go up instead of down, as does maternal mortality, with the U.S. reporting more maternal deaths than any developed country in the world.
· Naomi Campbell and Pat McGrath Get Candid on 25 Years of Friendship—And Their Biggest Collaboration Yet →
But I also felt safe—she's very maternal and makes you feel comfortable right away—and confident that she knew what she was doing.
· Margaret Meek Spencer obituary →
Her maternal grandfather, who kept an ironmonger’s shop, was an important influence: he spoke German fluently and encouraged her to work hard at her lessons.
The New York Times
· Experts Fear Increase in Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders →
Postpartum depression and the larger group of maternal mental health conditions called perinatal mood and anxiety disorders are caused by neurobiological factors and environmental stressors.
· COVID-19 testing not mandatory for services related to maternal, newborn: Health ministry →
Essential services related to reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health should be continued in a restricted manner in areas defined as containment and buffer zones, the Union Health Ministry said, underlining that COVID testing is not mandatory for providing such services.