“Matter” in the news
|no matter how|
Publications and example sentences
· 9 movies and shows that explain how America’s justice system got this way →
It also thoroughly explores the dovetailing motivations behind the Black Lives Matter movement.
The New York Times
· Justice Is About More Than the Killing of George Floyd →
I always told my family that no matter where we were driving, if I ever saw an officer struggling with someone at the roadside, I would have to stop and help him.
· TVIX: Short Term Bullish, Long Term Bearish →
And the reason why this matters for short-term traders of TVIX is this: as the market falls, the VIX rises.
· Family-commissioned autopsy says George Floyd's death was homicide →
Why it matters: The autopsy contradicts preliminary findings from the Hennepin County medical examiner, who found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to charging documents against Chauvin.
· What I mean when I say I want to abolish the police →
It doesn’t actually mean every single cop is a bad cop, just like saying Black Lives Matter doesn’t mean white lives don’t.
· Tom Watson peerage rejected by Lords vetting commission - reports →
Asked about the cases of Watson and Murphy, the spokesman again stressed this was a matter for the commission, but added: “There is no automatic entitlement to a peerage for any holder of high office.”
· People are running over George Floyd protesters. Are far-right memes to blame? →
In an illuminating Sunday night Twitter thread, Weil explained that the far-right tactic of running over protesters with vehicles stems back to at least 2015, when Black Lives Matter and Dakota Access Pipeline protesters started blocking off streets.
The New York Times
· The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix, Amazon and More in June →
The subject matter can be bleak, but Llewellyn and the director, Lucy Forbes, allow their heroine small victories as well as moments of youthful high jinks, in a show that’s attuned to how kids often have complicated private lives beneath their veneer of above-it-all cool.
The China Post
· Facebook employees speak out against company over Trump →
Over the weekend, Twitter changed the background and logo if its main Twitter account to black from its usual blue in support of the Black Lives Matter protesters and added a #blacklivesmatter hashtag.