|served as mayor||市長を務めた|
· LNP's Ted Sorensen to retire after 26 years in local and state politics →
The MP started his public service as a councillor in 1994 before becoming Hervey Bay mayor in 2000.
The New York Times
· The New Model Media Star Is Only Famous to You →
Emily Atkin felt that need intensely when a climate forum she organized last year for presidential candidates, while she was a writer for The New Republic, collapsed amid a scandal over an unrelated column about Mayor Pete Buttigieg that appeared in that publication.
· Phantom lock picker of Paris parks becomes folk hero →
Despite the city’s mayor Anne Hidalgo pleading with the government to allow them to reopen if people wore masks, ministers have been unmoved.
· Liverpool-Atletico match may have led to ‘41 additional’ Covid-19 deaths, says report →
“If people have contracted coronavirus as a direct result of a sporting event that we believe shouldn’t have taken place, well that is scandalous,” Steve Rotheram, Mayor of Liverpool City Region, told the BBC.
· New Zealand earthquake: PM Jacinda Ardern live on TV in Wellington as North Island hit →
“Eek, on the phone to the Mayor talking about earthquake strengthening the Central Library when that earthquake hit!
· Russian fighters flown out of western Libya after Haftar retreat →
Russian fighters in Libya were flown out a town south of Tripoli by their Libyan allies after retreating from front lines at the capital, the town's mayor said.
· Coronavirus updates LIVE: Pressure mounts on British PM after aide is accused of flouting lockdown rules; four states report no new cases for more than a week →
Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo has repeatedly called on the government to reopen parks as Parisians, who mostly live in apartments without gardens, tend to congregate around the closed parks where it is difficult to respect social distancing rules.
· People smugglers disembark some 400 migrants near beach in Sicily →
The local mayor told reporters the migrants were likely all Tunisians after speaking to some of them.
· Climate change critical issue in Eden-Monaro byelection as 6 in 10 voters say more action needed by government →
She will be facing off against Labor candidate Kristy McBain, the former Bega Valley mayor, who has been campaigning without a major rival candidate for the past three weeks.