“Meal” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Keto diet plan: Best breakfast foods to help burn belly fat and fuel weight loss →
Breakfast is known to be one of the most important meals of the day because it can boost the metabolism and help fuel weight loss.
· Brexit and now the effects of the pandemic mean the survival of the union is not guaranteed →
Seduced by the prospect of cut-price restaurant meals in August and slashed stamp duty until the spring, you may have missed something the chancellor, Rishi Sunak, just slipped in to his latest big-spending speech in the House of Commons.
· Pubs and restaurants in England trade at half their pre-virus levels →
Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a multibillion pound package to support the hospitality industry on Wednesday, including a government-funded meal discount scheme and a VAT reduction to 5% for food and soft drinks.
The New York Times
· Dream Owner Kelly Loeffler Faces Backlash for Protest Opposition →
Clarendon, who spent multiple seasons as a member of the Dream, lamented on Twitter that she had “shared a meal” with Loeffler and “stepped foot in her house.”
· Trump's ex-fixer Michael Cohen back in custody over early-release rule breach →
Days before Cohen’s return to prison, the New York Post had published photos of Cohen and his wife enjoying an outdoor meal with friends at a restaurant near his Manhattan home.
The New York Times
· Occupy City Hall’s New Life as Homeless Camp: ‘Not Pretty All the Time’ →
The organizers of the camp — renamed Abolition Park — defended the project, saying that by serving meals to homeless people and helping to provide a safe place to sleep, they are doing what they said the city had not: addressing the needs of its most vulnerable residents.
· Stacey Solomon hits out at beau Joe Swash in home life revelation: 'It makes me so angry' →
The star explained her beau has a habit of helping himself to her dinner, even after ordering his own meal.
· Rookie Duty Resumed for 76ers' Matisse Thybulle on Thursday →
As the 76ers gear up for a one-way flight to Orlando, Florida, to join the NBA bubble, Thybulle was spotted boarding the team's plane with a large bag filled with Chick-Fil-A meals.
· Mum 'sacked from chippy' for giving sausage to homeless man →
Catherine said towards the end of her shift on Sunday evening, a homeless man had paid for £4.10 for chips and curry sauce and that she decided to give him one of the leftover sausages with his meal.
· Weight loss: Experts behind Adele’s diet say pizza and champagne is on the menu →
People on the plan are instructed to start phase one with a restricted calorie intake of just 1,000 calories in the first three days, replacing some meals with a specific green juice recipe.