|above mean sea||平均海上|
|mean sea level||平均海面|
· 'I realised my body was burning': police brutality in Uganda lockdown →
The day after the attack, the man allegedly responsible called to ask for forgiveness, saying he didn’t mean to do it, she says.
The China Post
· Lebanon crisis brings mixed legacy for central bank governor →
“The fact that they are fortifying means they don’t intend to give people their money back.”
· Job cuts in US: New wave of layoffs feared as coronavirus pain deepens →
And that means the recovery will be slower and will take a lot longer.” The number of people filing new claims for state unemployment benefits likely totaled a seasonally adjusted 2.1 million for the week ended May 23, down from 2.438 million the prior week, according to a Reuters survey of economists.
The China Post
· Expat unveils most annoying things about Taiwan →
Finally, Nathan also stressed that no place is perfect, but for him, “Taiwan is a really awesome country and the pros definitely outweigh the cons.” However, that doesn’t mean it’s perfect, he added.
· Quarantine article by Dominic Cummings' wife reported to regulator →
On Wednesday, a spokesperson for Ipso, the press regulator which covers the Spectator, told the Guardian it had received two complaints from members of the public about potential factual inaccuracies in the 1,000-word column by Wakefield, which will mean the magazine will have to justify the article and could result in it being required to publish a correction.
· UK urged to tie green recovery from Covid-19 crisis to Cop26 summit →
That means fresh national commitments on carbon reductions by 2030 must be set this year, ahead of the Cop26 talks.
· Lack of international cooperation will hinder economic recovery →
Unfortunately, lawyers will get involved if regulators do not say more clearly what they mean.
· Garmin Forerunner 245 Music review: a runner’s best friend →
It works really well and means you do not need a track, a set place to run or someone with a timer to do effective interval training.
· The art of being versatile in life →
I find visual art can be a powerful means of self-expression and connectivity for mystudents, able to bridge differences and tap into common life experiences.
· COVID cops come to malls as shopping centres enforce social distancing →
Guidelines around physical distancing are not enforceable, meaning attendants will only be able to request customers distance themselves.