“Medieval” in the news
|early medieval period|
Publications and example sentences
· Orphaned Silver Is Finding Its Parent →
Silver was the sole monetary standard, sometimes with gold on a bimetallic standard, for most regions from medieval times until the nineteenth century.
· 3 Moat-Worthy REITs We're Buying In This Pandemic →
That's what moats were designed to do for castles back in medieval times.
· Gordon Leff obituary →
My friend Gordon Leff, who has died aged 93, was a historian whose writing on medievalism covered an extraordinary range, beginning with his first book in 1958, Medieval Thought: St Augustine to Ockham.
· Jessie Makinson’s Furry Darkness: a carnivalesque party →
One curves round to become a wayward phallus and, like medieval depictions of the serpent in Eden, sprouts an angry head – yikes.
· Stephen Colbert: 'Trump is a dictator fanboy' →
Trump reportedly “went medieval on the protesters in part because he was upset – humiliated, really – about the TV people revealing that he hid in a bunker over the weekend”, reports which Trump attempted to dismiss of Fox News radio as “false” because he was there for a “tiny, little, short period of time … for an inspection”.
· Thursday briefing: Jailed paedophile is Madeleine McCann suspect →
In Spain’s northern region of La Rioja, one medieval town has suffered a particularly deadly outbreak.
· How a small Spanish town became one of Europe's worst Covid-19 hotspots →
In the northern region of La Rioja, one medieval town has suffered a particularly deadly outbreak.