|early medieval period||中世初期|
· Which literary character inspired this painting? The great British art quiz →
The museum houses a rich and fascinating collection of paintings, Japanese prints, Christian icons, medieval manuscripts, natural history specimens, Egyptian artefacts, coins and the local and social history of its home town.
· Conservation & Sustainability →
I read history, and in pandemics they usually throw everybody out and often kill them, at least in medieval Europe whenever there were pandemics.
· Cars Are Uninvited Guests When Americans Dine in Parking Lots →
The task was tricky even for Europe: It took decades, starting in the 1960s, for Copenhagen’s transformation to pedestrian and cyclist paradise, its medieval streets blocked to motor vehicles and sowed with coffee shops, fine dining, flea markets and entertainment.
· Travel corridors: All the countries UK holidaymakers can visit this summer →
Theme parks, playgrounds, casinos, libraries and museums are also open, along with top attractions such as the medieval Castle of the Counts in Ghent, the Musée Magritte Museum in Brussels and Chocolate Nation, the world’s largest Belgian chocolate museum.
The New York Times
· 5 Minutes That Will Make You Love 21st-Century Composers →
In his opera “Written on Skin,” set in medieval times, the composer George Benjamin’s music is modernist and flinty yet also rapturously beautiful.
· Kashmir and the Forgotten History of India’s Princely States →
As a justification, the princely states were often considered as “feudal,” “medieval,” and “anachronistic,” with no place in a republican India.
The New York Times
· Edmund White’s High-Octane Saga of Twin Sisters and 1950s Texas →
To say nothing of the army of craftsmen the feckless baron employs to meticulously restore the family’s medieval estate.