“Meet” in the news
|did not meet|
|meet the needs|
|order to meet|
Publications and example sentences
· MLB players disappointed with pay cuts in return plan →
The latest league proposal, which reportedly includes $200 million in playoff bonus money, features plans for an 82-game half-season starting in early July after three weeks of training and finishing in late September, although to meet the schedule a deal would need to be completed in early June.
· Every episode of Friends, ranked from worst to best →
Chandler desperately wants a woman to return his calls, then finds her needy when she finally comes to meet him in person.
· My favourite film aged 12: Ghost →
You see them doing exciting teenage stuff like going to the pub and watching inappropriate films and you think: “I want a piece of that.” Since any attempt to join them in the pub was rightly met with an invitation to “sod off”, watching inappropriate films it was.
· 'Defining moment' as EU executive pushes for €500bn in grants →
The commission claims its proposals could unleash €3.1tn of investment into the EU economy and is pledging to intensify spending on the European Green Deal, the pre-crisis plan to meet the demands of the climate emergency.
The New York Times
· Hydrogen as Fuel? An Italian Pasta Factory Shows How It Could Work →
While natural gas emits less carbon dioxide when it is burned than other fossil fuels, like coal and oil, many experts still say that its use in countries like Britain, Italy and the Netherlands may need to be sharply reduced if governments are to meet their increasingly ambitious climate targets.
· Five must-watch dance films from the early 2000s →
Step UpChanning Tatum's breakthrough role, and where he met his future ex-wife Jenna Dewan.
· The JobMaker policy: It is time to develop workplace reform →
Jenna, I would love to meet for a coffee and talk some more, but I am sure that he who should be ignored would quietly follow me.
· CBD Melbourne: Liddell, a smoking gun and cigargate →
AAP’s board, which is led by News Corp corporate affairs director Campbell Reid, will meet this week to discuss the bids.
· Is American Airlines Worth Saving? →
While I stated in my SA article why I believe Delta Air Lines (DAL) is executing the industry's best recovery plan, the reality is that not all airlines will be able to meet each of those four criteria for survival and success, even in the medium term.
· T20 World Cup 2020: ICC denies postponement report, says preparation underway for tournament in Australia →
The ICC board is to meet on Thursday to discuss several issues related to the pandemic and its members will also address the fate of the World Cup, which is due to be played at stadiums around Australia from Oct. 18 to Nov. 15.