“Merchant” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Sea Ltd.: The Price Isn't Wrong →
That said, I would be more inclined to view the lower take-rate (mainly marketplace/3P-driven) as transitory given it was driven mainly by COVID-19-driven disruptions in cross-border business and logistics, as well as relief measures for merchants.
· Hibbett Sports, Inc. (HIBB) CEO Michael Longo on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Jared S. Briskin - SVP and Chief Merchant
· Earnings Beats Negated By Crackdowns On U.S.-Listed Chinese Stocks →
The mass closure of restaurants and local merchants affected its food delivery and services business including Ele.me.
· Pandemic forces virtual safety checks for oil tankers →
But the global pandemic has disrupted international trade, leaving merchant seafarers stuck on ships for weeks because of limits on air travel and bans on the movement of people even as some countries start easing restrictions.
The China Post
· Bells ring again on the NYSE and traders buy shares of Crocs →
Giannis Plakiotakis, the merchant marine minister, said the sales tax rate on ferry tickets would be lowered from 24% to 13%.
· Irked by Paytm OTP to be at end of SMS? It is deliberate, says Vijay Shekhar Sharma →
But Paytm has also been targeted multiple times by black hat hackers, either customers, merchants or others, to crack into its system for data of millions of customers.
· Dividend Changes: May 16-22, 2020 →
First Merchants Corporation (FRME)
· Airtel Payments Bank, Mastercard team up to develop customised financial products for farmers, SMEs →
Airtel Payments Bank and Mastercard will work together to create differentiated card solutions, including solutions for contactless payments via NFC (Near Field Communication) for customers and merchants, it said.
The New York Times
· A Pandemic Bright Spot: In Many Places, Less Crime →
“They are targeting the very fabric of New York City, small merchants and businesses that had to close because of the pandemic,” said Chief Michael Lipetri, head of crime control strategies for the New York Police Department.
The New York Times
· Guns, Gunfights and the Legends of the Wild West →
America was a nation of farmers, artisans, merchants and the enslaved; it still was when he died in 1862.