The China Post
· China home-built aircraft carrier conducting sea trials →
The highly secretive Chinese military was credited with aiding in the response to the epidemic in the epicenter of Wuhan earlier this year, but no information has been released about cases among military personnel or any change in the armed forces’ readiness status.
The New York Times
· What Time Is the SpaceX Launch? How to Watch →
They both have backgrounds as military test pilots and have each flown twice previously on space shuttle missions, although this is the first time they have worked together on a mission.
· (2nd LD) S. Korea's daily COVID-19 tally drops below 40 amid push to contain logistics center cluster infection →
In related news, the defense ministry said that one of the 12 COVID-19 patients in the military, whose infections are linked to the Itaewon district, fully recovered from the infectious disease in the first such recovery case related to the cluster infection.
· Facebook declines to take action against Trump statements →
Facebook was used by Buddhist extremists and military officials in Myanmar to incite hatred and violence against that country’s Muslim minority, the Rohingya, in 2017 – a campaign of ethnic cleansing that culminated in the killing of 25,000 Rohingya and the forced displacement of 700,000 more.
· What you need to know about SpaceX's 'Demo-2' mission →
Bob Behnken, 49, and Douglas Hurley, 53, former military test pilots who joined NASA in 2000, are to blast off from historic Launch Pad 39A on a two-stage SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.
· Trump clarifies Twitter 'shooting' comment over riots in Minneapolis →
Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way.
The New York Times
· George Floyd's Death, Protests, Coronavirus: America Is a Tinderbox →
On Twitter, an addled Trump threatened military violence against those he called “THUGS,” writing, “When the looting starts, the shooting starts.”
· Biden calls for 'real leadership' after Trump alludes to violence after police killing →
DETROIT, May 30 ― Joe Biden yesterday called for justice and “real leadership”, accusing President Donald Trump of encouraging violence by threatening deadly military force to stop rioters in Minneapolis protesting the police killing of an unarmed black man.