“Ministry” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Viral marketing: Indonesia’s president has a new rival →
“Can’t the [health] ministry see that we are facing a rising death toll?
The China Post
· Iran news agency head convicted for interviewee’s spy remark →
The comments came after Germany arrested Vienna-based Iranian diplomat Assadollah Assadi, who prosecutors said belonged to the country’s Intelligence Ministry.
· China easing airline access amid conflict with Washington →
The Chinese foreign ministry expressed regret at the U.S. announcement and said CAAC was “making solemn complaints” to the Department of Transportation.
· Home Ministry: Police force to receive 425 patrol vehicles in stages starting July →
KUALA LUMPUR, June 5 — The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) will receive a total of 425 Honda Civic 1.8-type mobile patrol vehicles (MPVs) in stages from July, said the Home Ministry.
· IMF asks Pakistan to freeze govt employees' salaries to cut public debt →
Owing to the prevailing tight fiscal situation, growing public debt and Pakistan’s decision to seek debt relief from G-20 countries, the International Monetary Fund has asked Islamabad to freeze salaries of government employees, the daily reported, citing sources in the Ministry of Finance.
· Putrajaya to seed innovation such as delivery drones, self-driving cars with RM1.2b allocation →
The PM said the government was allocating RM100 million to establish the National Technology and Innovation Sandbox under the Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry to develop and test groundbreaking applications for modern needs.
The China Post
· German factory orders plunge, portending lean times ahead →
The Economy Ministry said Friday that industrial orders dropped 25.8% in April over the previous month, in figures adjusted for seasonal and calendar effects.
· (LEAD Moon orders review of plan for disease control system reform →
SEOUL, June 5 (Yonhap) -- President Moon Jae-in instructed the authorities Friday to reconsider an announced scheme to transfer the control of a state-run research institute to the health ministry from the current top disease control body in the nation.
· Yonhap News Summary →
SEOUL -- President Moon Jae-in instructed the authorities Friday to reconsider an announced scheme to transfer the control of a state-run research institute to the health ministry from the current top disease control body in the nation.
· China says social media firms should not selectively create obstacles for media →
Foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told reporters during a daily briefing that any media agency operating in line with relevant laws of various countries should be treated equally.