· Rio de Janeiro's temple to health sciences! Amid Covid-19 pandemic, Brazil marks 120 years of its premier health research centre →
Formally under the Brazilian Ministry of Health, Fiocruz encompasses 11 supporting institutes at its headquarters, 10 regional offices throughout Brazil and an international office in Mozambique.
· Great initiative! Uttar Pradesh to get 800-km stretch of herbal roads soon; Details →
The Union Ministry of AYUSH has been batting for increasing the natural immunity since the early outbreak of COVID-19.
· GST Council meet: Your essential items may not get cheaper anytime soon; no GST rate relief on cards →
While revenue collections are dipping for the government, the Finance Ministry is not in favour of hiking goods and services tax (GST) rates on non-essential items in the upcoming GST Council meet which is slated for June, The Indian Express cited unidentified government sources as saying.
· Call for inquiry into why senior Tory helped donor avoid £40m tax →
One of those who had raised objections to the project was the ministry’s own planning inspection officer, who said the development would damage views of Tower Bridge.
· MOHE: UPU results for post-SPM tertiary public education will be announced on June 3 →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 30 — The results of applications for admission to public tertiary education institutions for post-Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) programmes will be announced on June 3, said the Higher Education Ministry (MOHE).
· Driving schools and tests may resume starting June 1, says Ismail Sabri →
Additionally, he said JPJ will put into place standard operating procedures (SOPs) based on guidelines issued by the Health Ministry and the National Security Council (NSC).
The New York Times
· In Hong Kong, Anxiety and Defiance Over Trump’s Move to Cut Ties →
A Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman said this week that China was prepared to take “all necessary countermeasures” against countries taking actions over the Hong Kong issue.
· China home-built aircraft carrier conducting sea trials →
China’s Defence Ministry said the navy’s only entirely home-built aircraft is carrying out sea trials to test weapons and equipment and enhance training of the crew.
· Nobel laureate concerned about lockdown relaxations; makes this prediction on COVID vaccine →
In India, the death toll has risen to 4,971 and the number of cases to 1,73,763, according to the Union Health Ministry on Saturday.
· Singapore's health ministry confirms 506 more Covid-19 cases →
SINGAPORE, May 30 ― Singapore's health ministry said today it had confirmed 506 more coronavirus cases, making a total 34,366 infections.